Please note that Rowmote only supports the applications listed on the main page; if you’d like to request support for controlling another application, please just let us know.
Rowmote Helper must be running on the computer to be controlled. If it’s running, double-clicking it should show a dialogue with the current version number, offering to quit the program. If you quit Rowmote Helper manually, it won’t launch again until you tell it to do so; otherwise, Rowmote Helper will automatically launch when you log into your computer. Unless you are able to use a Bluetooth connection via Internet tethering, your iPhone or iPod Touch’s WiFi must be enabled in its Settings, and it must be connected to the same network as your computer.
- Rowmote doesn’t list my computer in its Settings.
- Rowmote lists my computer, but the connection 'times out' and fails.
- Rowmote appears to connect, but the controls don't do anything!
- Rowmote lags or stutters sometimes on my network; how do I fix it?
- How do I remove a computer from Rowmote's Settings?
Common Mac questions:
- How do I use Rowmote if I don't have a wireless network?
- How do I sleep and wake my Mac?
- What gestures are supported by the Rowmote Pro trackpad?
- How do I control AirPlay Mirroring?
- How do I control Keynote?
- How do I control Plex or XBMC?
- How do I control Netflix?
- How do I control Pandora?
- How do I control Safari ?
- How do I change the scrolling direction if I don't have a built-in or attached trackpad?
- How does Rowmote Helper work with multiple user accounts?
- How do I launch an Applescript via Rowmote?
- How do I uninstall Rowmote Helper?
Common Apple TV questions:
Common iPad questions:
Feature request, bug report, problem not solved through this FAQ, or just something to say? Please email us at email@example.com. If Rowmote isn’t working perfectly for you, please give us an opportunity to fix it!